Happy New Year!
As you can see from my current game library, I have a rather large backlog of games that I really need to get to at some point in my life. So, combined with the whole “New Year’s resolution” thing, and with the new project we’re running here at WordPress.com for posting to your WordPress.com site on a daily basis, I’ve decided that in 2011 I will make a serious effort to not only complete new games I purchase, but also to clear games that have been piling up without resolution.
The “Pile of Shame,” if you will.
As I like the idea of WordPress.com as a collaborative medium, I want to make this somewhat interactive. So, here are the “rules,” which are of course completely subject to change:
- I get to finish the game currently on my plate first, which is Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.
- I will interrupt the backlog occasionally for new releases of note, the first being Dead Space 2 at the end of this month.
- As the credits roll in one game, I’ll put a poll up here to decide the next one in the list. I’ll choose the games in the poll based on my inclinations at the time and maybe some random selection.
- If you purchase me a game from my Amazon wishlist, I will immediately bump it to the front of the queue.
- I will not always write about games on this site, as occasionally I need to take a day away from my thumb exercises. In that case, I’ll write about whatever I want.
Don’t always expect professional-quality writing; sometimes getting a post per day in means that you can’t take a ton of time to edit or to come up with the right words. You can expect prolific writing and honest opinions, though.
As always, comments and pingbacks on anything I write are appreciated as I go along. Help me get through my backlog and I’ll pay you back with some opinions, some reactions, and some reviews of the games in my collection throughout 2011.